1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you give to us:
When you register and create an account, we may collect certain information about you, for example:
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Gender identity
You will also be required to create a password when you register your account. Once you have registered you will be able to change this information at any time under your profile. You control your user profile and are able to correct or update your information at any time.
Information others give us:
Other users may share information about you with us. For example, we may collect information if another user contacts us about you.
Information we collect on usage:
In order for us to supply you with certain features on the app we may collect information about your longitude and latitude through various means. This information helps us identify your location and personalise the app to make it easier for you to connect with other users by choosing “Users Nearby”.
If you have location services enabled but wish to opt-out. You can turn them off in your phone settings.
- iPhone - settings, privacy, location services, Booza
- Android - settings, location, Booza, permissions, location
- Device Information
We may collect information about the device you are using while you use the App. This includes information such as unique device identifier, device model, operating system, and MAC address.
- Log and usage data
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
Our main reason we use your information is to ensure your experience on our App is enjoyable. In order to make it enjoyable we use your information to help keep you safe and provide you with advertisements of interest to you. We may use your registration and other information to:
- administer your account and provide our services and features to you.
- resolve disputes between you and other users.
- investigate fraud, protect our legal rights and to enforce our Terms & Conditions.
- contact you with information about the app (e.g. updates and new features).
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our app.
- serve you relevant offers and ads.
- ensure a consistent experience across your devices.
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Our goal with Booza is to help you make meaningful connections with other students. Therefore you understand that your Booza profile and other information you post you make available via the app. We also share some users’ information with service providers. Read on for more details about how your information is shared with others.
- With other users
You share information with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the service. Please be careful when posting information and make sure what you share you are comfortable being publicly viewable since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once it has been shared.
- With our service providers and partners
We use trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, advertising, payment processing and security operations.
- With moderators
To monitor activity and improve content.
- Law and Harm
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- Business Transfers
We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
When you visit our service we may collect different types of Cookies. Cookies are small data files of information we can use to help us learn how you interact with our services. They allow us to improve our service and give you a better overall experience.
Below are the types of cookies we collect on our services.
|Cookie type||Cookie purposes|
|Analytics cookies||These cookies help us to understand how our services are being used. Allowing us to customise and improve our services for you.|
We work hard to put security measures in place to help protect you against loss of information, misuse and unauthorized access, or disclosure. We regularly monitor our systems and use reasonable security measures, such as secured servers using firewalls to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information is safeguarded.
If you are to believe someone has managed to get access to your information or you believe it is no longer secure, please contact us immediately here.
WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY BREACHES OF SECURITY, DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR ANY LOSS OR UNAUTHORISED USE OF YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION OR OTHER DATA.
6. OUR AGE POLICY
Our service is strictly restricted to users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not knowling collect information about or market to children or anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, we request that you do not submit information to us.
In the event we become aware that a child or anyone under the age of 18 has registered with us and provided us with personal information, we will take action to delete their registered account and remove any information they have submitted. If we do delete a users profile because they have violated our age policy, we may retain your email and IP address to ensure that you do not try to get around our rules by creating a new profile.
If you suspect that a user is under the age of 18, please report them using the reporting feature available through the service.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
Under UK law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with data protection regulators. Booza has its main office in the UK and the Information Commissioners’ Office (ICO) is our lead regulator. You can find out how to raise a concern with the ICO by visiting their website at www.ico.org.uk.
You have a number of rights under European Data Protection law if you are an EU citizen.
- Right to be informed: what personal data an organisation is processing and why (this notice).
- Right of access: you can request a copy of your data.
- Right of rectification: if the data held is inaccurate, you have the right to have it corrected.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to have your data deleted in certain circumstances.
- Right to restrict processing: in limited circumstances, you have the right to request that processing is stopped but the data retained.
- Right to data portability: you can request a copy of your data in a machine-readable form that can be transferred to another provider.
- Right to object: in certain circumstances (including where data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests or for the purposes of marketing) you may object to that processing.
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling: there are several rights in this area where processing carried out on a solely automated basis results in a decision which has legal or significant effects for the individual. In these circumstances your rights include the right to ensure that there is human intervention in the decision-making process.
If you want to exercise any of your rights listed above please visit our Contact Us Page or email us at DPO@booza.app.